Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City

Make your voice heard in the 2013 race for Mayor and City Council seats in New York City. Tell the voters and the candidates in New York City what you think is the most important issue facing young people in our city today. Let them know what you think about a specific issue, injustice, or problem facing New Yorkers by writing a Letter to the Next Mayor of New York City. Read and write about the candidates and their positions. Do research into the issues you care about the most, and write letters of argument to the next Mayor and/or members of the City Council, explaining how this issue impacts the lives of young New Yorkers. Write and submit as many letters of argument as you would like, keeping each focused to one particular issue facing New Yorkers today.

Follow this link, Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City, to a Gooru Collection of multimedia resources, guidelines, tasks, and assignments that will lead you through an inquiry into the issues facing New Yorkers during the 2013 election and beyond.
Make your voice heard in the 2013 race for Mayor and City Council seats in New York City. Tell the voters and the candidates in New York City what you think is the most important issue facing young people in our city today. Let them know what you think about a specific issue, injustice, or problem facing New Yorkers by writing a Letter to the Next Mayor of New York City.
Read and write about the candidates and their positions. Do research into the issues you care about the most, and write letters of argument to the next Mayor and/or members of the City Council, explaining how this issue impacts the lives of young New Yorkers. Write and submit as many letters of argument as you would like, keeping each focused to one particular topic facing New Yorkers today.

Youth Voices Letters to the Next Mayor from paulallison on Vimeo.

Once you are in the Gooru Collection, Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City, you can get more instructions and links for guidelines and tasks to follow by clicking on the icon in the lower left corner of each resource. It looks like a quote bubble.

Find all related collections to this project at Gooru. (Be sure to hit click to expand)

Your essays and letters will be published on Youth Voices and others will be invited to comment on them. We also invite you to go to the Youth Voices Channel: Letters to the Next..., and write comments and replies to discussion posts you find there.
Guides for Writing:
Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City (Basic)
Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City (General)
Letters to the Next Mayor of New York City (Developed)

Students: Get your teacher's permission to submit your letters of argument by completing the items on this form, then hitting Submit at the bottom.

All Missions: Grouped by Channel

Looking for ideas? We invite all students and their teachers to use these projects to create discussions at any time. Choose a title in the list below to find detailed instructions and examples.

Are you a power user of Youth Voices? Check out Youth Voices Challenges and Tasks (aligned with Common Core Learning Standards), (Revised September 2012), and Play Youth Voices.

Check out the articles (PDFs) students and teachers have collected for each other in this Youth Voices Personal Crocodoc folder. Add folders with new topics and add PDFs of articles that you think others might find helpful int their research. How to video for using and adding PDFs in the Youth Voices Crocodoc Folder.

Gooru Collections: Find resources to support students' inquiries.

Members of Youth Voices can Create a Mission, Add a Page, and Add a Wiki.

Argument

[title]

____________________

Argument

[title]

____________________

Argument

[title]

____________________

Argument

[title]

____________________

Argument

[title]

____________________

Argument

[title]

____________________

Argument

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Arts and Entertainment

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________

Booktalk

[title]

____________________