Why do we cry when we laugh too hard?

Why do we cry when we laugh too hard?

We cry when we're sad but why do we cry when we're overjoyed by something? Being sad and happy are two complete different thing. But we're also very emotional when we're very happy and very sad. Crying is a intense emotional response. When feelings overwhelm us, they show as tears.

I did a research on this question some said we cry because when we laugh we put pressure on our tear ducts, so it forces the tears to come out.  Or in more biological way  tears also accompany the body's return to homeostasis after extreme excitation. So after a big laughing jag, tears are a sign that the body is returning to normal. 

I think the most important thing is to enjoy that moment when you laugh so hard you cry. Because it don't happen very often unless it's something really funny. 

Links:

http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-you-cry-when-you-laugh-too-hard  

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090108195117AASc4h9 

http://www.rdasia.com/why_do_we_sometimes_cry_when_we_laugh

so when you said "Or in more

Submitted by jonesobie on Fri, 2012-09-28 16:25.

so when you said "Or in more biological way tears also accompany the body's return to homeostasis after extreme excitation. So after a big laughing jag, tears are a sign that the body is returning to normal." where did you find this and i think i agree with you on this.

I agree when you say a reason

Submitted by Katherinetis on Fri, 2012-09-28 21:19.

I agree when you say a reason that we cry when we laugh is that we put pressure on our tear ducts.

We cry when we laugh too hard because...

Submitted by Vivien Lai on Fri, 2012-09-28 23:03.

The pressure f the nasal cavity increases and cannot go through the nasolacrimal duct into the nasal cavity, plus on the laughs the eyelids will force closed again tears into the nasal cavity pushing, so tears both get in. And the constant pressure, so filled with tear had to flow out.

i agree with everything that

Submitted by MariaBarros on Sun, 2012-09-30 23:09.

i agree with everything that you said, and i like that you used the biological issue that i told you!!! great job that is a very good topic

Dear Yi-Ting Chung: I am

Submitted by SarrahR on Tue, 2012-10-02 10:37.

Dear Yi-Ting Chung:
I am satisfied with your post, "Why do we cry when we laugh," because it actually informs people of why people really cry when they laugh, and the reason behind it One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " I did a research on this question some said we cry because when we laugh we put pressure on our tear ducts, so it forces the tears to come out" I think this is logical because most people wouldn’t research this or really care enough to try and figure out why.
Another sentence that I liked. was "So after a big laughing jag, tears are a sign that the body is returning to normal. " This stood out for me because it shows what happens because if you’re laughing and what is going on with your body.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my brothers and I were all sitting in my room just making jokes about everything and I couldn’t stop laughing, and I was laughing so hard that I started crying. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post is humorous in a sense of memories of laughing so hard to the point of tears, but logical because not many people think why do we cry when we laugh, and actually research it.

opposites in emotion

Submitted by CarmenL on Thu, 2012-10-18 00:48.

Well done Yi-Ting. Whenever I laugh too hard I always cry and whenever I'm sad I cry as well but I never really thought about how opposite they were emotion wise.