Too Skinny

by: koko11

Today I was looking at the MSN homepage and a picture of a woman caught my attention. This woman was extremely skinny, and I was both disgusted and intrigued by her tiny size. I clicked on the and it directed me to an article about the female model named Iona Spangenberg. It said that her waist was only 20 inches. Her picture looks like someone simply put clothes on a skeleton. My interest quickly turned to disgust. The article said that she eats plenty, but there's no way that she could it and still be so thin. I'm surprised that she can still survive with such little body fat. I don't think that there's anything wrong with being skinny, but the level of thinness that Iona has reached is inhuman and sickly. http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/simply-chic-blog-post/?post=c3001a6e-...

Everyone is beautiful no matter what shape and size.

Submitted by shaneln on Wed, 2012-02-08 10:13.

Dear koko11,

I am very intrigued in this article about the tiny skinny model. your too skinny post caught my eye because my 14 year old sister is very petite, and her dream is to become a model but she thinks she is too skinny for the modeling career.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is " and I was both disgusted and intrigued by her tiny size". I think this was not something nice to say because everyone is different and everyone is beautiful on their own way and being skinny or tiny has nothing to disguised anyone.

Another sentence that came to my mind was "The article said that she eats plenty, but there's no way that she could it and still be so thin". This stood out for me because my 14 year old sister very skinny but she always eats a lot and not gain any weight.

Your post remind me of something that happened to me. One time i was at my sister dentist appointment with her just waiting to be called. and some bum came inside the dentist office came up to me and asked me "hey is that your sister" i ignore him cause i didn't know the guy so then he says "well if that's your sister than ya make a huge different because your thick and your sister looks like shes sick. I just wanted to slap the guy but i didn't the best thing to do in life is to ignore.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this caught my attention and it was a post that i can also relate to it.

Dear koko, I agree with your

Submitted by michaelg on Wed, 2012-02-08 10:23.

Dear koko,

I agree with your post "Too Skinny" because honestly being too skinny is disgusting and not good to look at. I seen the article about her and it was really weird to see how her body is shape the way it is, but the waist is whats most disturbing in my eyes, i do not get how that's considered a model body.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "The article said that she eats plenty, but there's no way that she could eat and still be so thin." Its a lie because mostly every females dream is to become a model but they sacrifice alot trying to catch a recruiters eye and shes an example, I wonder how the parents feel.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i was watching a show that showed the sacrifices of models and actresses/actors, its something that people dont see in the background, they become drug addicts and they lose their career later on in like for example Charlie Sheen.

Thanks for your writing . I look forward to seeing what you write next, because its post like these people need to focus on and see that everything isnt easy and you have to sacrifice somethings to achieve some goals.

Koko, That picture is utterly

Submitted by CListon on Wed, 2012-03-07 13:04.

Koko,

That picture is utterly disgusting. I don't understand how someone can physically be that skinny. I don't understand what her definition of "eating plenty" is because I agree with your statement that "there's no way that she could and still be so thin." I think there is a real problem in society today because we are so extreme. When people see being thin healthy, they become so skinny they are to the point of not healthy on the other side of the spectrum. People try these "quick fixes" where they try a major diet to quickly become super skinny but that is just not healthy. You need to change your whole lifestyle and start eating healthy amounts along with exercise. I agree with you, I don't know how she is physically alive with that little body fat. Great post!

Nice post

Submitted by cassil on Sun, 2012-03-11 02:48.

Dear Koko:

I was amused by your post “Too Skinny,” because I remember seeing this model in the news. She scared me the first time I saw her. One sentence you wrote that stood out for me is: “ I was both disgusted and intrigued by her tiny size.” I felt the same way the first time I saw her image. At first I remember thinking “ew! How does she live with herself?” seriously, it was weird. It was the weird that made you scrutinize her up and down.

Another sentence that I agreed on was: “I don't think that there's anything wrong with being skinny, but the level of thinness that Iona has reached is inhuman and sickly.” This stood out for me because how can you maintain yourself being so skinny? It’s like you’re almost as fragile as a baby, maybe worse. I think she should have really gotten that checked out, and done something about it.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time in the magazine, I was reading an article about a 90 pound model. I just thought to myself, “are you serious? I’m not even 90 pounds and I’m skinny.” That’s just desperation, and no human being should be below their average weight, that’s just my opinion.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic was interesting. It’d be nice to see what else catches your attention.