The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

by: 15lawk

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Hr, Hyde and other stories by Robert Loius Stevenson is a story of a lawyer named Mr. Utterson. He is interested in a case f a man by the name of Mr. Hyde. Mr. Hyde is a mysterious merderer and there is close to no information about him. While Mr. Utterson continues his search for Mr. Hyde, to know more about him and to solve certain cases, Dr. Jekyll, another character in the book, chooses to forget the case and forget anything that had to do with him. As time goes, Mr. Hyde is more and more distant with his friends and is often locked up in a house. The story closes with Dr. Jekyll explaining his experimentation on seperating the good and evil of a person which ultimately created Mr. Hyde, the evil murderous person that he has been avoiding.

I think that this book was definitely worth reading. the book highlighted the good and evil in a person and showed how dangerous it could really be. I do recommend this to someone who likes mystery and suspense. As I was reading the book, I found many parts very suspenseful and interesting, some things made me want to keep reading and find out what was next in the chapter. One thing I struggled with when reading this book was that I got lost very easily. I found myself rereading and rereading becuase some of the details were confusing. Even if it was a short book it was challenging for me to read because of the language used in the book and the fact that there was a lot of information throughout the paragraphs. I don't regret reading this even if it did take a little while to finally understand the entire story and figure out what was really going on in it. 

Dear Katie :I liked your

Submitted by 15TanN on Thu, 2011-10-13 19:11.

Dear Katie :

I liked your reflection, "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr, Hyde," because I have heard great things about that story before, so it was cool to read a response to it. You provided a nice, basic explaination of the book that gives me enough information to get interested, but doesn't have many spoilers. Also, I liked your opinion on the novel.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "The book highlighted the good and evil in a person and how dangerous it could really be". I think this is significant because you clearly stated what the meaning of the book was. No one is perfect, and the statement you typed shows that evil in ANY person is bad, which is something that I agree with.

Another sentence that I found notable was: "I found myself rereading and rereading because some of the details were confusing." This stood out for me because I appreciated your honesty, and I could relate through how I sometimes have trouble with reading tough articles and stories.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because of your simple yet effective method of reviewing. Your reflection would be great for anyone who wants to get the main idea of the story, but wants to keep a majority of the details for his/her own reading. In addition, the personal touch in your reccomendation really helps, as it provides a good, believeable viewpoint for anyone interested in the book.