The Spartan Race

by: J.O.B.

External video: 

See video

The Spartan Race
I’m all for Physical challenges and obstacles. I can’t explain how excited I get when I participate in obstacle courses and races. I would even get excited when I’m doing hands on hard labor. I guess I’m like this because I really dislike being cooped-up in a class room all these year or maybe I just had a very active childhood.
Coincidently I was looking through Facebook about some event I was planning on attending and I notice an event that I was recommended to, by one of my friend. The title alone caught my eye, “The Spartan Race.” I knew this had to be extreme because the Spartan civilization were known for their toughness and fortitude. As I click on the link, there were an abundant of comments describing how fun and challenging the race is. Deep down I knew this was for me. I looked up the website to do my research and most if not all the information about the organization is posted under the title, “What Is A Spartan Race?”
“Spartan Race™, the global leader in Obstacle Racing since 2005, was designed by seven insane ultra athletes and a Royal Marine.” It is a international race that travel from England, to Canada, and through the Untied States. The races vary to Three different types of obstacle courses each more difficult than the next. The first is the Spartan Sprint then the Super Spartan and finally the brutal Spartan Beast. From the looks the website’s media and information the races do look bone-crunching and exhilarating. I can also add, the races seem a bit messy too; with dirt trails, mud running, and more. This most defiantly sounds like my kind of race.
If you’re interested in this kind of stuff I recommend you check out the web-site: http://www.spartanrace.com/, you won’t regret it, and if you are not still check out the site its worth watching the advertisement trailers and photos.
As for me I’m not going to attended the September Tri-State Race in New Jersey because of my school schedule and the possibility of training for the event. However I am going to dominate it next year.
ARROOO!!!