#PrayforParis

by: cniegos

The night of Friday 13 of November is tragic to remember for many of us. Many people died because of the terrorist attacks by the gunmen and suicide bombers hit a concert hall, a major stadium, restaurants and bars. Shootings and bomb blasts left 130 people dead and hundreds wounded, with more than 100 in a critical condition. The Islamic State (ISIS) militant group was behind all of the multiple terrorist attacks that happened in Paris. Others are fortunate who get away with the attacked but for those people who got caught in the event lost their loved ones unexpectedly.
It’s sad how inhumane people can be with their irrelevant beliefs to the extent that they can put an end to one person to a hundreds of people’s lives. Muslim beliefs represents love and peace on their religion but what Islamic militant group did was against their religion and unforgivable. You can’t force one person to convert their religion against what they believed in whether it’s Allah or God or other religious group. ISIS militant group isn’t a Muslim religion, it’s a group of fundamentalist with strong beliefs that people should convert into Muslim religion. Killing people wouldn’t change want they want forcing them to convert into Muslim or other religion. I’m wondering to myself, why ISIS keep terrorizing people? They don’t want to negotiate with the government, what do they want?
What ISIS doing affects the Muslim religion and people in Syria. Thousands of children and adults suffering from the war they started. Even though, these happened to the people of Paris they still keep supporting the Syrian refugees and put them in the camp. There are many terrorist attack that we should be prepare and it can happen anywhere. Incident happened in Paris but it wouldn’t stop the radiance of the city as a sight for vacation of people.

Reply to pray for paris

Submitted by chanheejoy on Tue, 2015-12-15 19:37.

Hi, I really enjoyed reading about your blog! I agree with you on that what happened to Paris that night was just heart-breaking. So many innocent people have died because of the terrorist attacks. I don't understand why the ISIS would do such thing- force people to convert to the Muslim religion, and kill those who disobey. I believe it's very wrong to force someone to convert to other religions. Everyone should have a religious freedom. If the ISIS isn't a Muslim religion, why are they trying to make people to convert to Muslim? I also agree with you on that killing people wouldn't do them a favor, and they wouldn't force people to change their religion.
The world we live in today is so dangerous these days. Who would've expected a terrorist attack to happen in Paris that night? I agree that people should be prepared and be very cautious anytime, anywhere because no one knows what bad things are going to happen. I can relate to this post because in my school, someone had wrote about how he was going to bomb our school on Tuesday at 10:05 a.m. in the boy's bathroom. This became a huge problem for our school. Everyone was freaking out, and more than a quarter of our school population have skipped school on that day to avoid the chances of the bomb going off. I was so terrified to go to school on that day. My point is, we never know what scary things are going to happen, so always be very cautious and ready. Also, people shouldn't do violent things to others. We should all live with peace.
Overall, nice job on your blog! Do you think societies/governments should do something/change in order to prevent the violence in our world and for the safety of the people?

Yes Charlene that night

Submitted by nmafi on Sat, 2016-01-02 16:15.

Yes Charlene that night brought grief and terror to the lives of many and I do believe that what Isis is doing is against the beliefs of their religion. Religions often try to bring down other religions but what I have learned is that we can take important morals and philosophies from each religion that can help us through life. Hopefully Isis sees the destruction they are causing globally.

Yes Charlene that night

You are so right. What

Submitted by mkennedy on Thu, 2016-01-07 18:02.

You are so right. What happened in paris was terrible. Your writing is so clear and understanding.