A New Start For a New Season

by: J.O.B.

Orison Swett Once said, “don’t wait for extra ordinary opportunities. Seize Common occasion and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them”. A person has to passionate for their goals and willing to use any experience good or bad as a l lesson to push forward. In a sense a person needs to be “hungry” for what the desire, because if they quote reminds me, of the time when friend and I were competing in an obstacle course and we where t the final stretch. We were both extremely exhausted and struggling to stay the pace. How I really wanted the 1t prize of 50 dollars, so I threw myself t the right time across the finish line to win the race.

I am so happy to be finishing Sophmore year. One step closer to starting my own life. However, coming into sophomore year really didn’t have any real expectations. Just wondered if what would the teachers be like and would the work get easier but obviously It didn’t. I could say this year wasn’t my best year so for. I was quit unorganized and slacked in my grade. I just felt over whelmed and I just need to learn how to adapt to my current situation more. If I could do this I think I could get through Jr. year pretty smooth.

The one obstacles I want to change for myself is my discipline. My focus and determination at most. Focus in school and focus in life. Maybe its because I’m growing up but I have learn concentrate at ease and not let other negative factors disrupt me from my goals. Such goals are: Receive all requirements to get through high school( in my case all the regents), get in to college period, get a career that I love and most importantly during my lifetime explore and try new things no matter how stupid or boring they might be.

In a nut shell the quote by Orison Swett is really what I want to strive for. I don’t want to be that lazy person all the time and let time pass by me and not do anything with it. I want to grab life by the horns and challenge as much as I can. I can’t wait for this new season to start and improve my old habits and embark on new one.