KONY 2012: We care

by: evelyns

External video: 

I bumped into this video today, social networking has helped a lot in our lives. Joseph Kony has been doing crime for over 20 years now. No one noticed until now that it has been spread. We can help by showing everyone this video and telling the government about it, U.S. is prepared to stop Joseph Kony but if they see that this is not important to us then they may let the mission go and let Joseph Kony continue his crimes.

Joseph Kony is a dictator. He abducts male children from families and turns them into soliders of his own, trains them to kill and destroy, he even makes the children to kill their parents. Those who try to escape get kill by Kony. Females are used as sex slaves. Male children who in Africa have the fear that they might come and abduct them while they sleep. This reminds me of the holocaust, many lives where lost but now we have time to actually stop this before it turns horrible.

U.S. soliders are already there trying to find Joseph Kony we just need more support from people to show that we care and we want this to be done. Joseph Kony now knows what Americans is doing he is trying to change his tactics.

Everyone deserves to live a good life. We can help the world change.

Please take your time to watch this video and share it everywhere!
You can also go to kony2012.com for more info.

This is a holocaust!

Submitted by dianai on Sat, 2012-03-10 16:29.

Dear Evelyn,

I find your post really interesting. It's funny because I did not know about this post until today just like you. It quite sad the about the story, but I am quite happy the news is getting all around and people are knowing more about this.

It is sickening to think someone would do this to kids for now 20 years. I like when you said “This reminds me of the holocaust, many lives were lost but now we have time to actually stop this before it turns horrible.” I like that quote because this is a holocaust! It’s a human right violation!

Another quote like from your writing is ” Everyone deserves to live a good life. We can help the world change.” I truly agree with you. And I do believe everyone can change the world. It’s in their power. And people should have the desire to change something that is wrong, not sit and wait for someone to do it for them.

Thank you for your post. I am glad you are making Kony famous.

I'm glad you're informed

Submitted by evelyns on Tue, 2012-03-13 14:04.

Dear Naicha,

I'm glad it's getting known around too. People need to make themselves aware of such things before it gets worse, like the holocaust.

I agree with you. It really is a holocaust.

Exactly! Just like you said: We shouldn't just sit and wait. We should act.

Thanks for you comment :)

Insanity

Submitted by aseele on Sat, 2012-03-10 20:38.

Dear Evelyn :

I was really interested in your post, "KONY 2012: We care," because lately I have been hearing a lot about this subject. Just yesterday I saw the video, and I was amazed by the things that are happening in Uganda. I really hope Joseph Kony is stopped because nobody deserves to be treated the way he is treating the kids in Africa.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "social networking has helped a lot in our lives" I think this is true because I first learned about Kony on Facebook and then it actually drew my attention on Twitter. I think social networking sites are a powerful tactic to make everyone aware of him and promote to stop his mass destruction.

Another sentence that I stood out to me was: " We can help the world change." This stood out for me because it is true. The world we live in now has all the technology and power to not let history repeat itself. If we all join together, and agree that what Kony is doing is wrong we can put a stop to it. What Kony is doing to the kids in Africa is dramatizing and wrong.

Your post reminds me of Holocaust that I happened in Germany. Joseph Kony sounds like the type of dictator Adolf Hitler was to Germans, but instead Kony is dictating and abducting kids. Also like the Holocaust a lot of lives are being lost.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because Kony is a very interesting topic and I hope the United States puts a stop to him.

Dear Eleisha, I agree with

Submitted by evelyns on Tue, 2012-03-13 14:01.

Dear Eleisha,

I agree with you social networking sites are a powerful tactic to inform people on things because a lot of people are into so much technology.

I totally agree with you we can because are a lot of people. Honestly I think that if the government doesn't do anything this is going to get ugly. We are humans and from what I learned from history is that we got "natural rights" we can do anything. We can even ourselves may possibly destroy the government.

Joseph Kony is a dictator. He is seen now as the number one dictator in history.

Thanks for your comment :)

The Children in Uganda Needs Our Help

Submitted by martra on Sat, 2012-03-10 21:16.

Dear Evelyn :

I enjoy reading your post, “Kony 2012: We care,” but I am very sad for the little boys and girls who are going through this dangerous situation.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ We can help by showing everyone this video and telling the government about it, U.S. is prepared to stop Joseph Kony but if they see that this is not important to us then they may let the mission go and let Joseph Kony continue his crimes.” I think this is encouraging for us people because at least we can help a country that needs help and we can stop Kony and other criminal who are doing bad things just for attention.

Another sentence that I care about was: “This reminds me of the holocaust, many lives where lost but now we have time to actually stop this before it turns horrible.” This stood out for me because at least we can do something about it instead of just sitting there and watching the video and doing nothing about.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic is very interesting and I hope lot of people watch this video and I hope that they also try to do something about it.

Dear Tracy, Yes we really

Dear Tracy,

Yes we really can do something we just got to show people that we can actually do something by calling or sending letters to the white house. Trying to get the president to do something. Beside just sending 100 american supervisors. But yet we have to think of the consequences.

Thanks for your comment .

Dear evelyns, I liked your

Submitted by alijim on Mon, 2012-03-19 16:32.

Dear evelyns,

I liked your post “KONY 2012 :We care” because you wrote about this person hurting people. I liked it because you added detail about what he has done and about what he is doing. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: “Joseph Kony has been doing crime for over 20 years now. No one noticed until now that it has been spread. We can help by showing everyone this video and telling the government about it, U.S. is prepared to stop Joseph Kony but if they see that this is not important to us then they may let the mission go and let Joseph Kony continue his crimes”. I liked that sentence because no one cared about what Joseph Kony did till now. Some people didn't even now who he was.

Another sentence that I liked was, “This reminds me of the holocaust, many lives where lost but now we have time to actually stop this before it turns horrible”. I liked this sentence because it is true. Many lives were lost and people did not care or even now. This has been going on for twenty years and now is that people realize it.

Your post reminds me of something that happen to me. Once I was watching the news, and i saw this new that people were killing people for snitching. To me is like what Joseph Kony has been doing because he kills. It might not be for snitching but for power.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you seem like a good writer with very interesting topics.