How is your generation different from your parents’ generation?

Generation

External video: 

See video

Present young generation is always different from their parents’ generation. There are many ways in which both generations are different. This difference does not mean that one is good and other is bad. Both generations have some negative and positive aspects. In my view, these are the following things in which both generations are different.

Today present generation is completely based on computers. Present generation very well knows the use of internet and chatting on computers. Present generation mostly prefers the use of computers. But our parents’ generation do not depend on computers. Infact, I would like to say most of the parents do not know to operate computers. Present generation has forgotten letter writing. They are using only e-mails. But our parents’ generation is still using letter writing. I have seen the good example of this in my home. My parents and my in-laws both do not know the use of computers. But youngsters have a command on computers.

In the present generation, even children are using mobile and other electronic items like IPOD, MP3 etc. On the other hand, our parents’ generation is still using land line connections and other simple instruments. Parents’ are not crazy for these electronic items. In my home we have an MP3 player but my parents’ never use it.

What I like the most in my parents’ generation is that they know how to make the relationships in family and neighbourhood. But today’s generation do not have that quality. Present generation always thinks about oneself and only for family members. Present generation do not think for their relatives and neighbours. Present generation is globalized but our parents’ generation pass their whole life at one place. They do only one type of job. They don’t like any change in their living. Our present generation have the habit to study and get knowledge. Therefore, we find good opportunities to progress in life. Wherever, the present generation finds a better job they ready to go. If we see the ratio of people who go abroad, we will find it to be higher for the present generation as compared to our parents’ generation.

Finally I would like to say there are many differences in both generations. But it will be good, if we learn good things from our parents’ and parents’ learn from young generation. This will be good not only for a person and a family but also for the progress of a country.

Submitted by enmanuelr on Tue, 2012-05-29 12:37.

Dear Dato Lomtatidze

I am intrigued by your post on "How is your generation different from your parents’ generation?" because i feel that this is a very deep topic. In addition it's really a good question that is just a matter of opinion. I think it's a very difficult to judge because the same things still are the same and some aren't.

One sentence that stands out to me was "In my home we have an MP3 player but my parents’ never use it". I think this is boring to our parents because they don't use these things. In addition they are used to other things that's just something us teenagers just use.

Another sentence that stood out to me "What I like the most in my parents’ generation is that they know how to make the relationships in family and neighbourhood. But today’s generation do not have that quality". This stood out to me because the reason we don't have that is because we are to distracted in our technology. If our parents had our technology back then they will be the same as us now.

Your post remind me of me and my cussin because he's always home while im outside because I never had too much technology when I was younger. In the other hand when I got the technology I started using it a lot. Finally I think it's what appeals to you and what makes your life easier.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because its very interesting. I think if you keep writing stuff like this I will keep reading your future post.

dear dato i agree with what

Submitted by kwabenas on Wed, 2012-05-30 10:21.

dear dato

i agree with what you have to say, is our generation different from are parents, yes are generation is more talented but distracted as for the parents generation there more focused and less worried about simple things.