Friendly Letter

by: McKennaC

Dear Coach Rob;

In English we're reading a book called The Things They Carried and we have to write a letter to someone about the one thing that we carry that is the heaviest in our lives, physically or mentally. What I chose was my passion for cheer.

Cheer leading is the one thing that makes everything else that i worry about too much, like drama, boys, etc., go away. Cheer is the one thing that clears my mind. All of the yelling, falling, frustration, and pain is only going to make me a stronger athlete and a stronger person.

This past cheer season has taught me so much. One thing I learned was you have to find it in your heart and you have to have that love and drive for cheer to push yourself through that 2 minutes and 30 seconds of a routine. In my past 8 years of being a competitive cheerleader, I though i had a love for the sport, but this year has taken it to a whole new level. All of the blood, sweat, tears, accomplishments, frustration, and anything else that goes along with cheerleading has made me find something that i love so much. It’s all i think about and all i want to do.

Cheerleading is my passion; the gym is my favorite place to be, the hard work, dedication, and improvement is the absolute best feeling. The team and my coaches are the people that i can always count on and who never let me down, and competing is just the icing on the cake. My favorite part is being able to come in extra and work new skills that i thought i would never get. That is one of the biggest things you've helped me with as a coach. Your encouragement, advice, and being there to catch me when i fall to my face makes me wanna work that much harder.

One of the things that stuck with me was one night when we were working doubles on tumble track. I was getting so frustrated and so upset because i couldn't make it around and land on my feet, and you told me, "Find the fight and you'll never fail." I always have that in the back of my mind ever since you said it. If you truly fight for something that hard you will achieve your goals.

All i want to say is thank you. thank you for being one of the best coaches I've ever had. Without you, i don't think i would be working skills that i am now. You have showed me a whole new side of cheerleading that makes me love it even more. Thanks for not giving up on me and my team and fighting through this season with us.

Love;
McKenna

Improvements.

tommybuteau's picture
Submitted by tommybuteau on Sat, 2012-04-21 22:48.

Great letter that meets all of the requirements. You should share the link for this with your coach. He would enjoy seeing it. Thanks for sharing your perspective.